With more and more people set out to make a change in their lifestyle, be it to lose weight, overcome health issues or just to live a healthier lifestyle, the Ketogenic Diet is one such path many now swear by.
Even though it has become a mainstream dietary choice, many still have nothing but a vague idea of what it actually is. The Ketogenic diet is a very low-carb, high-fat diet.
It is based on the biological process in which low carbohydrate intake causes the body to go into a metabolic state of ketosis, making your body a very efficient fat-burner for energy. Ketogenic diets, though primarily known for fat loss is also very effective in reducing blood sugar and insulin levels.
Any diet can be daunting if you aren’t sure of the specifics. It is important to understand the science behind a diet before you embark on losing weight through it.
To help you out with this, here are a list of the top 10 books on the Keto Diet and everything you will need to know before or while you are on it.
1. The Complete Ketogenic Diet for Beginners: Essential guide to Living the keto Lifestyle by Amy Ramos and Amanda C HughesHere is a great place to begin when on a quest to know all about the keto Diet and what it consists of. A very graphical book that allows you to understand the ketogenic diet, nutritional guides to help you understand the Do’s ad Don’ts of the Keto Diet.
The authors want to help you through the first phase if your keto journey and provide a 14-day Meal plan complete with snack suggestions! There is no way this book can steer you wrong if Keto diet is the way for you.
2. Simply Keto: A Practical Approach to Health & Weight Loss by Suzzane RyanSuzzane is someone who has struggled with her weight all her life. Stumbling upon the Keto Diet changed her life completely.
Sharing her weightless journey through her popular blog, Keto Karma let the world see how this diet and lifestyle change not only assisted in her losing 40% of her body fat but also helped her develop a healthy relationship with her once enemy—food.
In her book, Simply Keto, she gives her readers:
In short, what better way to motivate yourself into a keto lifestyle than from a live example herself?
- Advice on how to go about starting this diet and changing your lifestyle in the process. She guides you through the lifestyle in attempts to help you thrive the way she has, and knows you can too.
- Shopping advice. It can be hard finding the right ingredients for your new lifestyle and messing up ingredients can really take away the effects of the diet. She allows you to go through the aisles and helps you choose the right products.
- While you may think you are the only one with certain trivial questions, she makes sure you know there are many out there with the same concerns. Her FAQ section allows for you to find answers to questions she is frequently asked.
- Now that you have your shopping list, how about what you use them for? Over a 100 keto-specific recipes will get you well on your way to well rounded meals all day long. Before you know it, you will be experimenting on your own.
- In case you still need assistance in when to eat what, she provides a 30-day meal plan so that you can get your body acquainted with this new lifestyle.
3. The Easy 5-Ingredient Ketogenic Diet Cookbook: Low- Carb, High- Fat recipes for Busy People on the Keto Diet by Jen FischSome people simply do not have the time to go through the extensive research, buying multiple ingredients and calculating macros.
This is the book for them! Five simple ingredients that can be mixed and matched to your taste—allowing you to reach your diet goals without the hassle of a restrictive diet.
These recipes are all quick, single container recipes, meaning fast, easy-to-clean meals that will have the same effect on your body.
This book teaches you how you can easily customize your meals to make it your taste, so that the change is not so hard, but the results are still fabulous.
4. The Keto Diet: The Complete Guide to a High-Fat Diet by Leanne VogelIf you follow health and wellness websites, you are probably familiar with Leanne Vogel and her highly acclaimed website, Healthful Pursuit.
She changes the popular “one size fits all” notion about diets in general because it simply isn’t true. What works for one person may not work for another.
Dietary restrictions, lifestyles, financial conditions or plain preferences, to name a few, are reasons that hinder someone from achieving the same effects as another, while following the same diet.
Leanne encourages you to play around with food choices and make it your own. Her book, along with over 125 lip-smacking recipes, assists you in transitioning into a healthier lifestyle.
Grocery lists, replacements for food sensitivity, great nutritional tips and more! Not to mention a well tabulated 28-day meal plan to help you through this process.
She lives by the wonders a few changes in diet can do to your body and is determined to share this gift with whoever is willing to lend a ear!
5. Craveable Keto: Your Low-Carb, High-Fat Roadmap to Weight Loss and Wellness by Kyndra HolleyKyndra does not believe in living in a food-rut to lose weight. She uses her book to get people excited about cooking Keto meals! With over 130 delicious keto-friendly recipes to choose from, she guides you on your process to a healthier and slimmer life!
There is almost always a healthier alternative and she wants to ensure you grab at it! Try out her recipes and wow your family and friends with mouth-watering meals that taste professional! This book is more than a Keto introduction, it is a roadmap to becoming the best version of you!
6. The 30-Day Ketogenic Cleanse: Reset Your Metabolism: Reset Your Metabolism With 160 Tasty Wholefood Recipes and Meal Plans by Maria EmmerichLet’s hear from the keto expert herself! The keto diet is not an effortless process and no one knows it better than the keto expert Maria Emmerich herself.
In this book, she allows her readers to take comfort in the fact that whether you are starting for the first time, struggling to the first phase or considering trying again after falling off the wagon, it is alright—and it is still very much possible for you to succeed!
Your body has to get acclimatized to burning fat and not sugar for energy. This causes cravings, a feeling of lack of energy or simply not feeling your best. But that is ok.
She breaks down the scientific implications of the Keto diet. It’s definitely comforting to know that you are not alone in the struggle.
This book is greatly informative, a kick-start 30-day meal plan with shopping lists, a 30 day compliant meal plan for life after the first 30 days and delicious recipes with suggestions on how to mix things up so you get the most out of the Keto life.
Being a specialist in the topic, she adds in a lot of extra tips on how to eat to balance hormones, uplift your spirits and lose weight! If you are someone with poor eating habits, looking to change your ways, she has suggestions on supplements you can take alongside to ensure you are on your way to recovery.
It even comes with a ‘slow cooker’ chapter, just to make your life a little bit easier!
7. The Everyday Ketogenic Kitchen: With More than 150 Inspirational Low-Carb, High-Fat Recipes to Maximize Your Health by Carolyn KetchumDiets do not have to be all boring, repetitive or even restrictive, for that matter. Carolyn Ketchum is a renowned food blogger who wants to show you that the Keto diet can be just as tasty and vastly varied as their unhealthy counterparts!
There are also many more options in a keto diet than eggs, meat and cheese. She visually entices her readers with great shots of her meals—showing you how you can be eating, if you just look through her instructions.
She believes in breaking free from the modern theme of a restrictive diet getting you a healthy body. When someone tells you there is actually a healthy way to make Cream Cheese Waffles or ice cream, you grab at that opportunity!
Tips, tricks, suggestions and information a -plenty, this is the book for anyone afraid that the Keto diet (or any diet, for that matter) is going to dull your eating experiences.
8. Keto Clarity: Your Definitive Guide to the Benefits of a Low-Carb, High-Fat Diet by Jimmy MooreHave you been under the notion that a low-carb diet is the way to go for weigh -loss? You may not be entirely wrong, but did you know that pairing that low carb diet with high intake of healthy fats and moderation of protein intake allows for your body to burn fat faster? If you have done your basic research on Ketosis, you will know this.
Jimmy Moore and Dr. Eric C. Westman collaborate in this book, to show you that there are a plethora of diseases and conditions that can actually be therapeutically treated by following the Keto Diet.
Conditions from Obesity, PCOS, Type 2 Diabetes and Irritable Bowel Syndrome to chronic health conditions such as Alzheimer’s Disease, Epilepsy and Parkinson’s Disease can be dealt with, if you follow the Keto Diet. Don’t just take our word for it, the authors of this book back up their claims with advanced scientific evidence.
Keto Clarity is your ultimate guide to the working of the keto diet and understanding its effects on various conditions your body may be battling with!
If you or a loved one suffer from one of many diseased stated in this book, pick up a copy and help learn how this diet may save you!
It also includes shopping lists, low-carb, high-fat recipes and a 21-day meal plan to get you absolutely hooked on this lifestyle!
9. Bacon & Butter: The Ultimate Ketogenic Diet Cookbook by Celby RichouxDo you want to lose weight NOW? Do you want to do so by still eating delicious food? Do you also want to learn how to keep those nasty pounds off for good?
Richoux helps you see that healthy living is not synonymous to tasteless salads, expensive ‘substitutes’ or starvation. The book proves that a healthy lifestyle and diet can easily become your norm!
With 150 tasty recipes and added nutritional fact, guidance on what truly keto-friendly ingredients are and great ideas on how to implement this into your daily routine, showing, from experience, how the Keto diet changes lives!
10. The Keto Crock Pot Cookbook: Quick and Easy Ketogenic Crock Pot Recipes For Smart People by Loretta WagnerOne of the main concerns people have while deciding whether or not to embark on a dietary plan, is the fear of a mundane, tasteless schedule of meals.
Though this book, you figure out how to keep up with the ketogenic diet whilst enticing your taste buds at the same time! Gone is the need to starve or eat unseasoned, tasteless food.
Chicken, pork, shrimp or vegetarian food, she covers it all! No longer do you have to curse your sweet-tooth because it turns out, you can still lose weight while quenching your sugary needs!
Loretta even gives you special instructions on how to use your Crock Pot, so that you get the most of these experiences!
Now that you have all this great reading material, what excuse do you have to shy away from the Ketogenic diet now? Grab your copy and turn your life around!