BookRabbit.com is supported by readers. When you buy with our links, we may earn a commission.Learn more

Alternate Medicine David Elman Hypnosis book

Staff

Staff

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated community forum page for the book: Hypnotherapy by Dave Elman. Here you may ask questions, discuss book summary and post reviews of the book/audiobook/ebook. please leave your opinions. PS: This is a Staff post moved to top.

1967Luther

1967Luther

Any serious student on this subject must keep this book- it is your bible. A definitive basis for the study of psychology. It is hard to find though, so if you’re over the fence about it , I say make the purchase online.

A

aadya70

Even though I found it to be quite the interesting read, I’m confused. In this book, the author speaks about hypnotherapy very strongly, and its many benefits. While I’m not arguing with any of his claims, I wonder how such strong claims can be made without any scientific evidence? As a reader I am not sure waht I’m supposed to believe. Besides, if hynotherapy is so effective then why isn’t it being followed globally? I’ve been pondering over this question for days after reading this book and anyone with an appropriate response, please reply.

marilyn

marilyn

Even though I found it to be quite the interesting read, I’m confused. In this book, the author speaks about hypnotherapy very strongly, and its many benefits. While I’m not arguing with any of his claims, I wonder how such strong claims can be made without any scientific evidence? As a reader I am not sure waht I’m supposed to believe. Besides, if hynotherapy is so effective then why isn’t it being followed globally? I’ve been pondering over this question for days after reading this book and anyone with an appropriate response, please reply.

I honestly understand your plight. The fact that this book was written in the 60s says a lot about the outdated writing style and certain facts. Besides, at the part where they mention how hynotherapy was used to treat homosexuality is terribly offensive in today’s day and age.. But keep an open mind while reading through it, guys.

I remember picking up this book a few years ago when I’d just started learning about psychology and regression.. It was almost a must read in this field so I decided to give it a go. I was shocked at how gripping it was. You are right to say that some of the claims are hard to believe, even though the author speaks with such sheer conviction. I’ll give you some examples on how the book has helped various fields and maybe that will help entice you.

First off, Dave Elman says that this book has helped several doctors use hypnosis to cure various issues like migraines, stuttering, obesity and even sexual problems. Many doctors even today refer to this book- so believe me when I say that it works. He helped clear the confusion that many people had with hypnosis. That apparently it is harmful- but Dave proved them wrong. Did you know that hypnosis is even used for delivering babies and conducting several surgical procedures without anesthesia? And that is just the tip of the iceberg. You must read this book if you’re looking to get into psychology and regression!

All that said, IMO if you are a beginner,then 101 Things I Wish I'd Known When I Started Using Hypnosis is perhaps the better book with a more contemporary style while Handbook of Hypnotic Suggestions and Metaphors is pure gold for more experienced readers.

Staff edit: #user mentioned book attached with relevant aff link

A

AvIeLlE

For decades we’ve noticed that there is only so much that psychiatry and psychology can do (let’s be real here for a second). The best part about this book is that they talk about how hypnosis is actually quite therapeutic in most cases. It is also a practical way to deal with many difficult situations in your life, despite the negative reviews it’s received over the years. Elman seems least bothered by the accusations hypnosis has received over the years and goes forth boldly. His “Findings in Hypnosis” are still used by many doctors and dentists, and for good reason. I constantly refer to this book!

K

Kamsiyochukwu81

Love this book. Everything was easy to understand. Written professionally but also in a casual tone. Learnt so much about hypnotherapy, more than I am in my class. Very happy with how captivated I was with the text. Helped me with my exams. Opened my eyes about hypnotherapy. Reassured I was in the right field. Great purchase for me.

Megna

Megna

You gotta love Dave Elman. He isn’t called the father of modern hypnotherapy for nothing, y’know.. Many of his techniques are used to this day and I think he deserves a shout out for that. This book is quintessential to his writing style. For 50+ years people have been referring to his works and that’s something worth noting. Don’t ever think twice before buying anything by Dave Elman.

69Akai

The author is a genius in this field, he’s the michelangelo of hypnotherapy! Always a good idea to learn from the experiences of an expert.

B

Bryan

Has got to be the most interesting book there is out there on hypnosis! Have been studying hypnosis for 2 years now and I can’t believe I’m just laying my hands on this. What a refreshing read. Has got to be the real deal. Before you read it, forget everything you already know about this topic and read it with an open mind. You’ll be smiling by the end of it, thinking how simple it is to use hypnosis for various purposes. Lovely!