BookRabbit.com is supported by readers. When you buy with our links, we may earn a commission.Learn more

Diverticulitis Cook Books

CARROLL

My father recently got diagnosed with diverticulosis and he has been in pain for over weeks now. He is a major foodie and his #1 complain was about his diet, and how he has to cut back on almost everything.

I didn’t know how else to cheer him up but to gift him a kindle, along with the e-book of “Calming blends: Diverticulitis Cookbook”. Spoke to him a few days ago and he was thrilled about the cookbook. Apparently, it covers a large variety of recipes, from breakfast all the way to dinner (and snacks in between). Good read for sure and would recommend to those suffering from the ailment.

janine

If you have been diagnosed with Diverticulitis, trust me, don’t fret. It used to be a big deal a few decades ago, but now there’s a solution to pretty much anything. The best part? There are NATURAL remedies for everything, so for people that do not lean towards western medicine, here’s your easy way out.

Okay, so it’s not really an “easy” way, but this book covers an extensive part on what exactly the disease is. This is very important because most of us only know what the doctors tell us (and let’s face it, they don’t always reveal everything). This is why I love this book in particular. Then, of course, there are sections on the dietary restrictions (and the workarounds) and the natural remedies you can use to beat the symptoms.

All in all, a great read and would be helpful for those who don’t know what they are dealing with.

mollie

A close friend of mine recommended that I get the book, “Diverticulitis: Diet Guide” and I did.

Starting off, it was an interesting read but I was honestly disappointed. The worst part is that I couldn’t even get through halfway without being extremely exasperated. A lot of what he says contradicts with what he has to say later on in the book. For instance, their liquid diet is extremely rigid, and in one place, he says, “you can have orange juice”.

But when you’re on your normal diet, apparently you should stay away from citrus fruits/juice? How does that make sense? This confusion was there with a lot of other food items so I let it go.

lupe

It is scary but I found out that apparently 1 in every 2 Americans suffers from a diverticular condition post 60 that is responsible for a great deal of distress. I was hoping I wouldn’t live until I was 60, but here I am. I am lucky not to have been the poor sucker in this statistical prediction, but sadly enough, my husband is. He has been through so much pain over the last couple of weeks, I knew that a strict dietary restriction would definitely make things a lot worse.

That’s when I got my hands on the book, “Diverticulitis and Diverticulosis Cook Book”, eat smart every day! In all fairness, this book was recommended to me by one of my friends at work, and I’m so glad I took it up because it is a very thorough cook book, indeed. Covers recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks in between, holiday favorites, liquids, and low-residue diets.

alisa

As I’m headed towards my 50s, I can’t help but take a peek into my (rather unhealthy) lifestyle. Especially since my bowel movements have been a little sporadic, (which I never paid attention to in the past), I knew there were some basic changes I needed to make in my eating habits. Plus you read so much on the internet these days, about the skyrocketing rate at which intestinal illnesses are sprouting.

I decided to read up: better safe than sorry. I bought the Diverticulitis Diet guide that also included a section on the causes of the same. I would say I’m happy with this purchase since I’ve learned a lot about the illness, its root cause, signs, and symptoms but most importantly, how to avoid it/its prevention. This, along with an in-depth dietary plan really does do justice to its price.

SAMMY

I thought the book “Diverticulitis Cook Book: Feel Better, Eat Better” was really effective. It helps you take preventive measures before diverticulitis flare-ups start surfacing. My husband already had it, so I decided it was a good way for me to stop it before it happened.

Bookworm

I honestly thought there was no better book than the “Diverticulitis handbook: How to live pain-free” by the brilliant Elizabeth Gray.

What makes it different from other books? The tone of language. It’s so easy going and helps you relate to most of what is being described (like the pain). It helps you understand what you’re battling with, what you have to do to fight it and of course, the amazing cookbook on what foods to eat but more importantly, what to avoid. We don’t realize this but most of what we consume, we do so without knowing the harm it can cause to your body. It also has a nice 3-phase diet guide, that helps you transition into the dietary plan effortlessly.

What most people tend to forget is that it’s not easy changing your diet with the snap of a finger: it’s a process. Which is why I think I responded to this book in particular. Also, it’s not very long (short read) and doesn’t make use of a lot of heavy words (which for me, is crucial). So would highly recommend.

JRyno

It’s funny to think that once doctors said, “Don’t eat nuts or seeds” in order to cure diverticulitis (which doesn’t work, by the way). I would recommend reading the Cookbook on Diverticulitis: Feel better, eat better because it covers recipes of high fiber content and good health value. Not to mention, they are simply scrumptious!