BookRabbit.com is supported by readers. When you buy with our links, we may earn a commission.Learn more

Children I Said No Book

Cheer_Will

Cheer_Will

I would read this book to my child, since it explains a lot of tough topics pertaining to children. However, if I had one complaint, it would be that the words used in certain parts of the book may be too difficult for children to comprehend. Other than that, great book!

T

Taste The Thunder

Having this conversation with your children is always one of the toughest parts of being a parent. However, with all the potential threats they can face in society, it is now a necessity to educate our children about “keeping their private parts private”. To be honest, I had not idea about what approach to take when talking to my children about this topic, because I have heard that this can be a very sensitive topic for children, and that the impression they create about physical intimacy at a young age can stay with them for a long time! Fortunately, I was able to find this book. It gives you hints and ideas of things you can work into your conversation, so that you can take the awkwardness out of the conversation. If you feel lost about how to have “the talk”, give this book a read.

dalia00

dalia00

I know that this book contains information about “the talk” you have with your kids, but could somebody let me know what the book specifically talks about? I just want to make sure that this book is appropriate for my 6 and 4-year-old children.

D

devansh

After reading this book, I wished that I would have had this kind of guidance when I was a child. The ground covered in this book is so vast, especially when it comes to awareness about your own body, and who you should invite into your personal space. I had no idea that there were such detailed books for children now, but I guess they are necessary to survive in this twisted world that we live in now.

W

WaNg

I know that this book contains information about “the talk” you have with your kids, but could somebody let me know what the book specifically talks about? I just want to make sure that this book is appropriate for my 6 and 4-year-old children.
If you are looking to educate your kids about touch/private part awareness, this is one of the best books I have read so far. It is amazing how the author, Kimberly King, has simplified such a complex topic in a way that even kids can understand it. That being said, I would wait for your younger child to grow up a little more before exposing him/her to this kind of information. In my opinion, this book is appropriate for children of ages 6 and higher.

1976KRIS

This book is great. The way the book is compiled, it encourages children to not only understand the information given, but also provokes thoughts and questions in their minds that will help further cement the information in their heads. I love it!

E

Eye Roller

I had always been against dropping such heavy information on children at a young age until a few months ago. However, as I continue hearing about all the gruesome events involving children taking place, I decided to give this book a try. I’ll be honest. If I was teaching them about this stuff on my own, I probably would have freaked them out. With the help of the book, I was able to avoid the awkwardness of the conversation, and instead was able to keep it light and informative.

Vijay Janardhan

Vijay Janardhan

Chief Editor
darla

darla

For any parents out there asking whether this book is worth the money, think about it like this. Is there anything you would not do for your child’s safety? By educating them about stranger danger at a young age, you could essentially save their lives! Do not put a price on your children’s’ safety.

T

TinaCunningham

Even though consent and appropriate behavior are important lesson for children, I feel like this book is too intense for a young child. The component of sexuality is discussed too much in this book. Call me old fashioned, but I would like my children to be a little older before I expose them to such information.