BookRabbit.com is supported by readers. When you buy with our links, we may earn a commission.Learn more

Jemma Kidd Makeup Masterclass

Staff

Staff

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated community forum page for the book, Jemma Kidd Make-up Masterclass: Beauty Bible of Professional Techniques and Wearable Looks. Here you may ask questions, discuss book summary and post reviews of the book/audiobook/ebook/pdf. please leave your opinions. PS: This is a Staff post moved to top.

Crazy1998

Crazy1998

Hey guys. So, I have my sister’s wedding coming up in a few months, but the professional makeup artists are just so expensive! Do you think this book is good enough to teach me how to do my makeup for an occasion like a wedding? Has anybody used it for this purpose yet?

D

dalen

I cannot count the number of times that I have had questions about how to improve my makeup game! As many of you may know, makeup is not the easiest craft to master…especially in the beginning. Every time I would do my own makeup, I would end up looking like a character from a low budget horror movie. Jemma Kidd did an amazing job by writing this very informative book, because I sure learned a lot from it! I’m not saying that I am ready to start doing this professionally or anything, but I can do my own makeup and walk out in public looking presentable.

S

swapyks

If you are looking for a book that will teach you all about skincare and makeup, you should definitely give this book a read! She seems to be very experienced in her field and has a lot of tips and information that will help you perfect your makeup game! One of the best things I learned from this book was how to use your makeup efficiently. This helped me prevent wastage of makeup, while keeping it toned down and gorgeous! I would definitely recommend this book to anybody who wants to learn more about makeup applying techniques.

Z

zyan

Hey guys. So, I have my sister’s wedding coming up in a few months, but the professional makeup artists are just so expensive! Do you think this book is good enough to teach me how to do my makeup for an occasion like a wedding? Has anybody used it for this purpose yet?
Yes, I know a bunch of people who used this book to learn about doing makeup, and a few of them were able to perfect their skills to the point where they were confident enough to do their own makeup for big occasions. Obviously, it depends on how fast you learn, since everybody learns at their own pace. But I know how expensive it can be to get your makeup done professionally, so I would say it is worth a shot.

Vijay Janardhan

Vijay Janardhan

Chief Editor
C

Chantelle3

I would really love to comment on the effectiveness of the information given in this book (as I am sure that it is quite helpful), but unfortunately, I cannot do that. I purchased the eBook, which is not compiled properly at all! In most of the places, the words from adjacent pages overlap, leaving large blank spaces in some places, and overlapping text in others. If that is not bad enough, the font is not exactly legible in some parts of the book. In short, if you buy the eBook, good luck understanding the text in it! You would think that at least the pictures would be helpful, but no! Most of the pictures given in the book are of the end results of the makeup lessons given in the book. It would be a lot more helpful if the author provided pictures of the step-by-step process, because I have no idea how any of the other readers could learn how to apply makeup by just seeing what the end result is going to be. I honestly think that there are better makeup books out there, since this book does not set the bar very high.

O22

O22

This book is great for people like me, who do not know anything about makeup. I have heard from a lot of people that this book does not cover a whole lot of new information, and just talks about stuff that everybody already knows about. This is why I disagree with that statement. Even though the information Jemma Kidd mentions in this book may be relatively basic, it is still stuff that a lot of women are unaware of. There is a reason why a lot of women suck at doing their makeup, and I think that it is mainly because they do not know about the basics. At least that was the case with me! I found this book to be very helpful, because it helped me make a lot of changes to the way I now do my makeup.