Lucid Dreaming Book

Discussion in 'Non Fiction Self Help Book Readers Forum' started by Instagram Hideous, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Instagram Hideous

Instagram Hideous New Member

I’ve always been fascinated by the concept of dreams and what they mean and such. I recently came across a book called “Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming” and I was in for a real treat!

This brilliantly written workbook-style guide will tell you all you need to know about Lucid Dreaming and how to have one yourself. It took me about 3 weeks of persistence but I finally had my first Lucid Dream! It was totally worth the struggle. I have had about 7 or 8 LDs throughout this year and whenever I feel like I need to touch up on my skills so I can have another one, this is the book I go to.

2. Tickle Star

Tickle Star New Member

I’ve been curious to know more about lucid dreaming and how I can achieve it. I’ve heard there are some great books out there. I tried ‘Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming’ by Stephan Laberge but somehow, it was a tad overwhelming for a beginner such as myself. Is there a more novice-friendly book out there I can begin with before I get back to the book by Laberge?

3. angelic smiles

angelic smiles New Member

@Tickle Star, I felt the exact same way when I started off! There were such great reviews about Laberge's book and so I bought it, but somehow, I just couldn’t make the best of it. It has so much information (and is definitely one of the best books in its field) but I couldn’t start with it.

Try starting with ‘A Field Guide to Lucid Dreaming: Mastering the Art of Oneironautics’. This book worked for me. I followed the instructions to the T and within a week and a half, I had my first Lucid dream. I moved on to Laberge’s book afterward and it all made sense to me. I think Dylan Tuccillo delivers exactly what you are looking for.

4. Black Burry

Black Burry New Member

I have had countless people come up to me and ask me if Lucid Dreaming is all just a hoax. I guarantee you it isn’t. I cannot stress enough how brilliant the world of Lucid Dreaming is.

I read the popular books on the subject- ‘A Field Guide to the Lucid Dreaming’ by Dylan Tuccillo, ‘Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming’ by Stephan LaBerge, ‘Dream of Awakening: Lucid Dreaming and Mindfulness of Dream and Sleep’ and Alan Wallace’s book on Tibetan Dream Yoga. Try these out. Whatever you need to know about Lucid Dreaming, you will get in these books, for sure.

Happy Dreaming!

5. InTwoPieces

InTwoPieces New Member

I am still a bit of a noob at this, but I HAVE had luck in some slight Dream control. It is a practice that takes great discipline and patience, I tell you, so don’t expect to start shapeshifting and talking to animals in a day.

Also, don’t be disheartened if it doesn’t happen right away. All I can say is, don’t give up on it because I’ve heard it’s totally worth it. Why I love and suggest the book ‘Dreams of Awakening: Lucid Dreaming and Mindfulness of Dream and Sleep’ because of the different levels on which Charlie Morley was able to capture the essence of the topic.

If you are a beginner such as myself, the How-To section offers such direct levels of instructions that you will not find trouble knowing what to do. The difference is in whether or not you consistently follow through. If you have already successfully had a Lucid Dream, the author has an almost fictional approach to the theory, making it a fun journey, all the way!

From a strict material point of view, the data is up to date, accurate and keeps with the ever-increasing study of the human mind. If you are looking for more of a spiritual experience, you would be surprised to know Lucid Dreaming is a path often taken while on the quest for spiritual enlightenment.

After all, the historic lineage of Lucid Dreaming dates back to Tibetan Buddhism!

He also discusses the more modern forerunners in the field. His passion for the art oozes in his work and that is exactly why this is such a highly rated books in this area. Please purchase this book if you are at all interested. If nothing, it’s a great read!

6. Honey Cake Munchkin

Honey Cake Munchkin New Member

I was all pumped up about the idea of Lucid Dreaming and bought this book, I quickly realized it does not work well with someone on a hectic day to day schedule.

Lucid Dreaming requires weeks, sometimes months of careful examination, alertness and attention to detail, even when asleep. It also calls for meditation for periods of time I simply do not have the luxury of. I was not a fan of some parts of the book, where there were too many excerpts from people who have had achieved the state of Lucid Dreaming. It had started to sound a lot more like an infomercial than an instructional guide.

While I would have loved to achieve this level of control and consciousness, I don’t think my current lifestyle can pave way for it right now. It was an interesting read, nonetheless—lots of great insight on the topic, from Historical lineage to the present-day achievements in the field.

7. Peace Dude

Peace Dude New Member

I’d been having multiple Lucid Dreams of late and I was stoked! I’d been working on it for a month now and the feeling was wonderful.

However, I found myself to be drained of energy the next day. I did some extensive research since most experiences I had heard of spoke of Lucid Dreaming to be a calming, spiritual experience. I learned that my low energy levels were due to the fact that Lucid Dreaming regulates REM (Rapid Eye Movement) sleep, thereby tiring the eyes out.

When you are in REM sleep, your brain is very active, which is why extensive Lucid Dreaming will not allow you as deep a sleep. As is the case with anything, just keep in mind to moderate and not overdo the Lucid Dreaming, especially if you have a long, hard day ahead of you.