BookRabbit.com is supported by readers. When you buy with our links, we may earn a commission.Learn more

Alternate Medicine Neurokinetic Therapy Book

Kemora

Kemora

I am not a medical professional but would still like to learn about the NeuroKinetic therapy. Do you think a layman would be able to understand the information given in this book?

cancer428

cancer428

I am not a medical professional but would still like to learn about the NeuroKinetic therapy. Do you think a layman would be able to understand the information given in this book?
You do not have to be a professional in the medical field to understand the information talked about in the book. In fact, a lot of the information given on fixing muscle imbalances is just a little more than the basic knowledge on the matter. This book is not meant to act as a reference book for professionals who have years of experience. It is more of a “slightly higher than beginner” level. However, I am not saying that you will be able to correct the structural imbalances in your own muscles after reading this book. It is similar to the idea that an individual cannot learn how to swim just by watching videos online! There are certain workshops and practice methods which will help you learn it better.

M

maya

I liked this book because it helped me understand the workings of the human muscular system better. I did not buy this book with the intention of treating myself when I get injured, but rather to understand and be able to explain the root cause of an injury to medical staff if needed. Also, I figured that if I knew about the different muscle interactions, I could easily prevent silly injuries from happening. I feel like I have gained a lot more knowledge and am definitely more prepared for any future injuries!

sanvi

sanvi

I found this book to be quite misleading. Even though this book is filled with information about different muscles and how to test them, there is little to no information about NeuroKinetic Therapy itself. For people who do not know what this is, reading this book is certainly not going to help you find out! It is a whole different area of study that you will have to read about in another book in order to understand more about it.

Exciting-diva

Exciting-diva

I have been a Kinesiology student for a few years now, and this book has been so useful to me! It really makes the learning process a lot easier, since my field of study is already so full of information that I have to memorize! I feel like this book dumbs down the workings behind muscle interactions, which really helped me out in the beginning when I had just started my studies. If you are not that great at understanding the complicated language of science, I would recommend this book.

O

october

I am so glad that I was able to find this nkt book online! I had been using it for a few years, until I ended up losing my copy. I would not choose another book over this one, because David Weinstock just seems to know exactly how to get his point across to the readers of his books!

K

krisha

The information in this book is definitely very helpful, but I found the pictures to be a lot more useful! Everybody has their own way of learning, and I just respond better to learning through visualizing the process in my head. Pictures really help me do that. What can I say, the author of this book has really done a great job compiling it!

Niccolo65

Niccolo65

Great book! The author of the book, David Weinstock, is obviously a very learned man, and has filled this book with valuable information. However, keep in mind that you WILL have to attend the workshops for the topics talked in the book to learn about NeuroKinetic Therapy.

Vijay Janardhan

Vijay Janardhan

Chief Editor
wastedgirl

wastedgirl

This book is amazing! Being a mom of 2 boys, injuries happen in our household all the time. Before, I used to get really scared when my boys would get hurt, because I always assumed the worst when they got injured. However, now that I am more knowledgeable in the field of muscle interactions, I am able to help my boys out when they get hurt. I never really understood why other muscles would get overworked after an injury, but this really helped me understand the logic behind it.