BookRabbit.com is supported by readers. When you buy with our links, we may earn a commission.Learn more

Health Playbook for Alzheimer's Caregivers - Coach Frank Broyles handbook

ADDELYN

ADDELYN

If you know someone who has dementia and is slowly phasing into alzheimer's then this book should become your bible. It breaks down exactly what you, as the caregiver, can expect and what you can do to help with every passing phase. Since it’s fairly short, you can easily finish in about 2-3 hours.

L

laken

Is it weird to say that this is the perfect gift to give a family who has a family member with dementia/alzheimers?
Don’t feel good taking credit for this but my boss’s father in law had been diagnosed with dementia and my boss was very upset about it.
When I went to their place for Thanksgiving I got her this book even though i wasn’t sure it was an appropriate thanksgiving gift.

She didnt’ say anything the next day and I was certain I’d made a mistake. But the day after she told me she was so happy to have received the book.
It was an honest story which she could totally relate to as her father in law’s condition was slowly getting worse.
Sometimes it’s the feeling of not being alone that really helps you get through stuff.. I recommend this as a gift.

gorgonzola

gorgonzola

My mother is slowly moving from dementia to alzhiemers and I’m freaking out. She’s a little over 64 and we weren’t expecting this to progress so rapidly. I am completely mortified by the things she’s saying and doing, and I’m worried because the doctors have said that Alzhiemers is a lot worse than dementia (?) I tried learning about the ailment from the doctors but they were going too fast.

I need something that will explain exactly what I need to know, specifically the tranisition from dementia to alzhiemers. A friend recommended Playbook for Alzhiemers caregivers but isn’t that how to take care of patients after they have the ailment? Would you recommend it to learn about early stages of alzhiemers? And if not what book shall I read?

Deena

Deena

A fabulous guide on how to deal with the battle of Alzheimer’s disease (it’s a battle, alright). Not only is it easy to understand, small in size and therefore you can finish it in no time, but very insightful. I don’t think the author got enough credit for his way with words, it was beautiful and more importantly motivational. Believe it or not after you read this, you’ll start understanding their actions and maybe even what they’re trying to get across. If i have one complaint it’s the font. Very small and the color doesn’t help either. Other than that, a golden book definitely

R

Roshan

My mother is slowly moving from dementia to alzhiemers and I’m freaking out. She’s a little over 64 and we weren’t expecting this to progress so rapidly. I am completely mortified by the things she’s saying and doing, and I’m worried because the doctors have said that Alzhiemers is a lot worse than dementia (?) I tried learning about the ailment from the doctors but they were going too fast.

I need something that will explain exactly what I need to know, specifically the tranisition from dementia to alzhiemers. A friend recommended Playbook for Alzhiemers caregivers but isn’t that how to take care of patients after they have the ailment? Would you recommend it to learn about early stages of alzhiemers? And if not what book shall I read?
I would say give this book a go with a conviction. I bought this book a few months after finding out my wife had alzheimers to better understand how I could help her. The best part is the writing style, it’s very honest and non-technical. It was suitable for someone with zero background in science. Sometimes medical books are bombarded with hardcore science terms which I find irritating. This book was not like that. In fact, since it was written by a former football coach from Arkansas, I found a lot of what he’d written relatable. It has some of the best hacks on how to care for a loved one struggling with Alzheimers. If anything I wish I’d found it sooner. @gorgonzola definitely give it a read.

rine

rine

I was shocked at my behavior after reading this wonderful book. My father who has had dementia for a few months now has been acting crazy and since I’m the only one who takes care of him...sometimes it got to me. After I read this book though..

Things started making sense to me, his actions, his ways. Even though there was no rationality behind any of his actions, I got to see things from his perspective for once and that was refreshing to say the least. Coach Broyle deserves a Booker for this genius guide.

79Keean

Short. Sweet. To the point. Easy to understand. Honestly, must I say more? Maybe just that I love how dorky Coach Broyle is. Inclusion of football terms makes it an easy read for football followers (just sayin).