BookRabbit.com is supported by readers. When you buy with our links, we may earn a commission.Learn more

Health Susun Weed Menopause Book

Staff

Staff

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated community forum page for the book: New Menopausal Years: Alternative Approaches for Women 30-90 by Susun S. Weed is a good alternate option to her own menopause metamorphosis dvd. Here you may ask questions, discuss book summary and post reviews of the book/audiobook/ebook. please leave your opinions. PS: This is a Staff post moved to top.

CoolBlueJ

CoolBlueJ

Please give me a straight Yes/No answer: does this author say that using diary is good for improving menopausal symptoms and also does she specify animal oestrogen because I think I just threw up in my mouth a little

dianna

dianna

Please give me a straight Yes/No answer: does this author say that using diary is good for improving menopausal symptoms and also does she specify animal oestrogen because I think I just threw up in my mouth a little
Yes, in fact, the author does go on about diary in certain places of the book. Not every bit is agreed upon by readers in this book; I don’t agree with this because diary contains hormones, antibiotics, and animal oestrogen (as you pointed out) which I definitely don’t want in my body either. But for those of us freaked out by this suggestion, we’ve always got the organic option, so that should do.

But apart from that, I feel that this book has benefits: so ladies, definitely pick it up on your way out of the bookstore. For starters, it is SUCH a practical handbook to keep on you, especially if you’re just stepping into the initial menopausal stages and have no idea what to expect. A detailed road map of sorts that provides you with many dos and don’ts in various stages you’ll find yourself in. Simply put, a great way to cope with your current situation by explaining things in a very relatable fashion. The author also lists many practical tips you can imbibe to take better care of yourself during this time of your life.

K

Kirin1990

Owe a big deal to Susan Weed for this amazing book that basically changed my life. I tell you, when your husband tells you “I understand” a 1000 times during your embryonic menopausal stages, I don’t lose my s**t, but when I’m half-way through, I just can’t take it! I was always angry, always frustrated with everyone around me, I almost got consumed whole by this weird bubble of depression. BUt now, I’ve found my happy spot. This book brought about this safe and positive environment into my life, something I didn’t think would happen until after the storm passed. Learning about the herbs I have stored away in my cupboard and its many uses was one of the surprises of this book. The concerned voice of Susan Weed will help premenopausal women deal with their bodily changes in a more positive way, trust me.

N

Night Show

Man does Susan S. Weed sure know her stuff! Not only has she shared the sea of knowledge on this topic, but she presented it in such an easy to read format with fun word usage and anecdotes, some you’ll relate to, some you might not, but it’s worth a laugh. An excellent book to keep by you in case of emergencies, when you feel that heat wave keeping up or the hormonal balance acting up

L

leora

This book got me through some hard times in my life. Right around my pre- menopausal stages my husband died. It was a horrific hit. I didn’t think I’d recover from it, ever. And then menopause hit me in the face like a giant school bus. Thankfully my daughter got me this book. Now, I will pass this along to her in another few years… thank you, Susan!

marshawn

marshawn

Quick question.. Really hope I’m not speaking out of line here.. But ladies, does anyone know if this would be a good book for my mom, who is currently 49 and beginning to show signs of menopause (according to my dad). Appreciate all the help, keep up the good work, ladies!

knowledge

knowledge

Quick question.. Really hope I’m not speaking out of line here.. But ladies, does anyone know if this would be a good book for my mom, who is currently 49 and beginning to show signs of menopause (according to my dad). Appreciate all the help, keep up the good work, ladies!
Good question. Easy answer. Yes, of course it’s a good gift. But maybe pick the right time to present it to her- she shouldn’t feel attacked by her family that her raging hormones is affecting the rest of you negatively. Rest assured that this book is a treasure trove of sage wisdom and knowledge.. Really no better way to put it . The author has basically poured her heart and soul into this book.

Men, be warned- this book can be read by you as well. I sat down with my wife during her menopause and we read this book together. It was a beautiful journey. You will understand so much about what women go through and start appreciating having them in your life. My outlook about my wife changed in a few days after turning these pages. You ladies are goddesses!