Thyroid Books

Discussion in 'Non Fiction Self Help Book Readers Forum' started by Omar, Aug 3, 2018.

1. Omar

Omar New Member

Hi! So my sister has been suffering from thyroid issues as of late, and this was when I realized that I do not know a whole lot about thyroid conditions or ways to treat them.

I have been trying to read up on the topic, but am not sure about which book to start with. I am not a particularly good reader, and tend to get distracted easily; which is why I have gaps in my knowledge in the first place. I am looking for a book that I will be able to follow easily while managing to understand what thyroid conditions are, and how they can be treated or prevented.

Basically, I want a book that is informative, but not boring. Could anybody suggest a few books that can help me accomplish this?

2. Wilbur

Wilbur New Member

If you are looking to learn about thyroid from basics, I would suggest that you go ahead and read Medical Medium Thyroid Healing written by Anthony Williams. This is a very informative book, and from what I have heard, it is very clear and precise with its information.

In fact, a lot of people who have read this book have said that even though they thought they knew a lot about thyroid conditions, they were able to find a lot of information that they were not aware of prior to reading it. This book is said to have a lot of updated information, which will help you get all the information you would need. Imagine reading a book that you are not too interested in, only to find out later that most of the information in it was outdated!

Since you mentioned the fact that you are not an avid reader, I would guess that you would like to prevent such a situation. I am sure you will be able to find this book at most bookstores, or you could even purchase it online!

3. Blake

Blake New Member

I totally agree with Pancheta on this, and I will tell you why.

I started facing thyroid related problems around my early 30s. I started suffering from various conditions such as fibromyalgia, brain fog, dizziness, and overall sadness. Unfortunately for me, my conditions used to cause many other problems, such as extreme fatigue and weakness.

As a businesswoman, I found it very tough to meet the demands of running a successful business, without having the energy to perform even the minuscule tasks that people normally perform with minimal effort! Due to this, I was forced to take a temporary hiatus and hand over my business to my children.

I went to several different doctors, but could not find the treatment that would help me get healthy again. No matter who I went to, all these doctors were able to do was write me a prescription for pills, while telling me that they were unable to do anything else. I was never really a big fan of taking pills because I always knew that taking a lot of medication would end up harming you in the long run. Then I found this book.

Anthony Williams has put this marvelous book out there to help people like me, who do not have a lot of information about thyroid conditions, or how to treat them. If anybody reading this is suffering from a thyroid condition, you may be able to relate to how tough it can be to deal with these issues. Anyway, by following his instructions and the lifestyle modifications mentioned in this book, I was able to turn my life around!

I started eating more fruits, and I must say that that has made a huge difference. I am a lot healthier now, and definitely, have a lot more energy. I have now resumed running my business, and could not be happier with the results I have seen! This book can definitely help your sister out.

4. Grant

Grant New Member

For people looking for books on thyroid conditions and treatments, another great book you may find helpful is Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis: Lifestyle Interventions for Finding and Treating the Root Cause written by Dr. Izabella Wentz. This book has literally helped me save a lot of time, by combining months and months of useful information into one book.

I have been following the protocols in this book for a little over 8 months, and have already seen amazing results! In fact, I have been able to lower my medication doses significantly over this time, while managing to shed over 50 pounds! Even my doctor is amazed to see these results. Would definitely recommend this book. I am sure it would help your sister out. I know it helped me out!

5. Horace

Horace New Member

I have been diagnosed with Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis recently, and I have been spending quite a bit of time trying to figure out how I can go about tackling this problem. I must say that this book Dr. Izabella Wentz has put together an amazing book, and I have found it to be very helpful.

The fact that she was suffering from this condition herself and spent years trying to figure out how to tackle this it makes it so much easier to relate to her, which is why I like this book so much. Give it a read if you are looking to learn more about thyroid conditions.

6. Roderick

Roderick New Member

I have been reading up on thyroid conditions for a little over 2 years now since my wife has been plagued with several thyroid related problems.

I have personally read both the books mentioned above and I can say with absolute certainty that both of them are extremely informative and helpful. It has helped my wife tremendously, and she continues to follow the protocols listed in these books to this day! If you are not much a reader (like me) and would like to get all your information easily, I would recommend you read either one of these books.