Weight Loss Books

Discussion in 'Non Fiction Self Help Book Readers Forum' started by Fair Loose, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Fair Loose

Fair Loose New Member

I know I am not alone on this, but I have lost control over my diet over the last couple of years.

I have not really been able to get back on track, since I seem to have gotten so used to eating unhealthily. I am looking for a book that can provide me with information that will help me get back on track, so that I can start living healthier. I have gained over 50 pounds, and would really like to lose this excess weight, since it is really holding me back! Does anybody know of any good books on weight loss?

Would really appreciate the help.

2. Ex Comfy

Ex Comfy New Member

I do agree with you on your first statement. You are not the only person with this dilemma. The root cause for sudden weight gain in our society is the obesogenic nature of the environment we live in nowadays.

We now live in a society where people favor convenience over health. The busier people get, the more likely they are to start leading an unhealthier lifestyle. This has become a common trend in today’s society. If you are looking for a book to guide you back to a healthy lifestyle, I would recommend you take a look at Weight Loss Secrets You Need to Know written by David R. Seaman.

The reason why I recommend this book is because it is not just a normal weight loss book that guides you through losing those excess pounds. It helps you figure out what caused you to gain the weight in the first place so that you can avoid making those mistakes again, and start your path towards living healthier for the remainder of your life!

3. Baby Kristy

Baby Kristy New Member

Well said, @Ex Comfy! Till about a year ago, I was over 60 pounds overweight. I have struggled with my weight issues for years, and one of my biggest struggles was watching my weight fluctuate. I had reached a point where I had basically given up since I kept gaining back more weight than I had lost.

After reading this book, however, I realized how the factors around me manipulated me into this never-ending loop of unhealthy living. It talks about how you have to overcome your overeating instincts in order to keep the weight off. Even though this may seem like basic knowledge, it is something that not many people think about! Using several such tips I got from this book, I was able to lose 59 pounds over the last year. Not only that, but I have been able to kick my junk food addiction, which has helped me tremendously! If you are looking to get healthier, I would definitely recommend this book.

4. Clear Marble

Clear Marble New Member

This book is amazing! It saved me a lot of time because I thought I would have to spend hours and hours reading information on the internet in order to find an answer to my weight loss problems. However, Dr. Seaman has done all the work for you! This book is a result of his research, experiments, and the vast knowledge he has on the topic of weight loss.

I feel like it is a much-needed tool, especially since there are so many marketing scams out there, just waiting to trick you!

5. Top Command

Top Command New Member

Just like most people, I have struggled with weight issues for over 3 decades. There is not a single diet I have not tried; I have seen them all! The biggest problem is that I had over 50 pounds to lose, which made exercising a little tougher for me.

I was never really an active person because my excess weight always held me back from doing things that other people of my age could do with sheer ease. I had almost given up. And then I came across Simple Weight Loss System written by Samuel Valle. The diet system in this book was very easy to follow and was definitely not as restrictive as most of the other ‘wonder diets’ out there.

It focuses less on what you should be eating and stresses more on how you should be eating. For a person who is not too fond of exercise, and would love to lose weight without killing myself in the gym every day, this book turned out to be perfect! It is definitely worth the read.

6. Awesome girls

Awesome girls New Member

Although diets may work out well once in a while, I would suggest that you go for the first book mentioned. Not that the second one will not work; it clearly worked for Carolina! As a person who has been guiding people through weight loss journeys for over 5 years now, I would suggest that you focus on a more sustainable method, instead of trying to look good within a few months.

You must combine healthy eating along with regular exercise in order to not only see results but to keep them!

7. MomToWedThorFriday

MomToWedThorFriday New Member

I agree! If you look at people who give up on their weight loss journey, most of the time it is because they do not see the results that they desire. This is mainly because people keep focusing on short-term results, instead of looking for a way of switching over to a healthier lifestyle.

I think that if people were able to tackle the root cause of their weight gain, it would really help them zero in on their problems so that they could avoid making them over and over again. That way, at least people will be able to live a healthier life. At the end of the day, that is what matters the most.