BookRabbit.com is supported by readers. When you buy with our links, we may earn a commission.Learn more

Relationship Wired for Love - The couple bubble book

Staff

Staff

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated community forum page for the book: Wired for Love by Stan Tatkin PsyD MFT. Popularly called "the couple bubble book", it explains how understanding your partner's brain and attachment style can help you defuse conflict and build a secure relationship. Here you may ask questions, discuss book summary and post reviews of the book/audiobook/ebook. please leave your opinions. PS: This is a Staff post moved to top.

ailey

ailey

I have once heard a saying about how people become blind to the flaws of their partner when they are in love. This was the case with me. However, when we had passed the honeymoon phase and started facing challenges in our relationship, I was still not able to pinpoint a lot of my partner’s flaws. It was not until I read this book that I realized that there is actually lot more to love than meets the eye! A few weeks into reading this book, I started realizing just how differently the two of us were wired for love, and that we were not right for each other. Even though it was tough initially, now I can see that it was the best decision I have ever made! If you want to prevent yourself from getting into a dead-end relationship, you should definitely give this book a read.

C

canaan85

Amazing book! My boyfriend and I were asked to read this book as part of couples counseling when we were going through a rough patch in our relationship. I love the way Stan Tatkin talks about the obvious blunders that we choose to ignore in relationships sometimes, because that is what causes a lot of relationships to fail in this day and age. His concept of creating a couple bubble really appealed to us, so we tried it out. It turned out to be a really effective way to get your relationship back on track, since we are now better than we have ever been before. This book worked wonders for my relationship, and I believe that it can do the same for anybody else.

Devany

Devany

I have been hearing about this book for the longest time, but still do not understand what is so great about it. A girlfriend of mine who read the book mentioned something about a “couple bubble”. Could somebody tell me exactly what that is?

M

maite

A lot of you may be thinking that this is just another one of those books that is filled with bogus information about turning your love life around, and you would be absolutely right. This book, which is written based on a lot of assumptions, does not really cover all the scenarios that can lead to conflict in relationships. The assumptions made in this book are mainly about most relationships being in a very unrealistic state, where love trumps all problems. I have never seen a book with such ridiculous claims and would suggest that you steer clear of it.

Noland

Noland

I have read a lot of books on attachment theory, and this is one of my favorite books on the topic. Most of the time, you have authors trashing parts of the theory, while supporting others, which makes it hard to pick and choose which methods are effective and which are not, because every author has a different opinion. This book is very well written and helps it readers learn more about the causes and effects of certain actions in a relationship, which is very useful when it comes to avoiding conflict with your partner. Trust me, I have been there!

dreshawn

dreshawn

I have been hearing about this book for the longest time, but still do not understand what is so great about it. A girlfriend of mine who read the book mentioned something about a “couple bubble”. Could somebody tell me what that is?
So, in this book, Dr. Tatkin talks about the effectiveness of creating a couple bubble by essentially putting your relationship above all else. If you find gaps between yourself and your partner, filling up those gaps should be your top priority and you should be ready to do whatever it takes to do so. Sometimes it may mean that you need to go a little overboard, by finding out more about your partners needs and ways to fulfill them.

jumper

jumper

What a book! After reading it, I was almost happy about the challenges I had to face in my relationship, because without them, I never would have found this book. After going through a rough year, my girlfriend and I read this book together. Now, after following the advice of the author, we have learnt so much more about each other through the process and are closer than ever. If I ever meet the author, I will surely give him a big hug and thank him for saving my relationship!

Vijay Janardhan

Vijay Janardhan

Chief Editor