I read Barbara Herlihy’s The Human Body in Health and Illness and was not too impressed by it. Yes, the content is good, and there are some wonderful illustrations, but that was it. There was not enough explanation for the content present. I, for some reason, did not get a good vibe after going through the book. Don’t ask me why because I have no idea. It is my feeling; maybe others would love the book.
The Human Body in Health and Illness
- 3.3/5, 3.3 from 9 reviews
- Barbara Herlihy PhD(Physiology)
- 0323498361 (ISBN13: 978-0323498364)
- Buy this Book
Not too convinced about this book
- 2/5, 2 out of 5, reviewed Oct 31, 2018
I have read The Human Body in Health and Illness as well as other books in the same genre, and I have to admit that this book falls short in comparison to other books. There are a few sections which have not been effectively dealt with. All in all, not convinced that this is the book for human anatomy & physiology.
Dr. Herlihy has done a good job with this book
- 3/5, 3 out of 5, reviewed Oct 20, 2018
One has to give it to Dr. Herlihy. She has done a good job with regard to The Human Body in Health and Illness. The book is very colorful and easier to read. She has paid attention to details. It has helped me in understanding human physiology and anatomy in a better manner when compared to other books. However, I felt some sections were vague and a bit confusing. If one can overlook that, then this is an excellent book.
Happy with this book
- 4/5, 4 out of 5, reviewed Oct 12, 2018
I had loaned a copy of The Human Body in Health and Illness from my local library for a project and fell in love with it. I was so impressed by the book, that I ended up getting my copy. What attracted me to this book was the way it was written. The chapters are written systematically, accompanied by some beautiful pictures. Each chapter also contained a summary which made it easier to revise. Though I have completed med school, I still go back to it for guidance. A big shout out to Barbara for this amazingly written book.
A Good Book
- 3.5/5, 3.5 out of 5, reviewed Oct 3, 2018
The Human Body in Health and Illness is a good book especially for the basic course of anatomy and physiology. The book contains everything that one should know about human anatomy, and well as most of the stuff when it comes to physiology.
Love this book
- 4/5, 4 out of 5, reviewed Sep 27, 2018
I love this wonderful book. It was my go-to guide during the A&P course. Some great illustrations accompany the content which has been written in a comprehensible language. This is the best book when it comes to human anatomy and physiology. Recommend it to all those who want to ace the course.
Best Anatomy & Physiology book that I have come across
- 5/5, 5 out of 5, reviewed Sep 18, 2018
I loved The Human Body in Health and Illness. It was of great help when I was completing a college course. I stumbled upon this book in my college library and was immediately attracted to it. The book is well-written, has comprehensible content and great illustrations. I have no hesitation in saying that this is one of the best Anatomy & Physiology books that I have ever come across. Highly recommend this book to all those who want to have a greater knowledge of human anatomy and physiology.
Aids in a comprehensive review of human body
- 3/5, 3 out of 5, reviewed Sep 12, 2018
The Human Body in Health and Illness is an excellent book for all those who want to have a comprehensive overview of the human body’s anatomy and physiology. The only issue was the lack of depth. But that said, the book does provide a great understanding of functions and the systems present in the human body.
A wonderful study guide
- 4/5, 4 out of 5, reviewed Sep 1, 2018
Barbara Herlihy’s The Human Body in Health and Illness is a wonderful book. The book complements the chapters present in the 4th edition of The Human Body in Health and Illness. This study guide has played a big role in making me sit through the class. Thank you, Barbara, for the lovely book
Use this practical review to get the most out of your A&P textbook! Corresponding to the chapters in The Human Body in Health and Illness, 6th Edition, by Barbara Herlihy, this study guide makes it easy to understand and remember basic Anatomy & Physiology. Engaging exercises, activities, and quizzes help you memorize A&P terms and master the key concepts relating to A&P and disease of the human body. Even if you find science intimidating, this review tool can help you succeed in A&P!
- Textbook page references are included with the questions to make it easier to find and review A&P topics.
- Objectives at the beginning of each chapter reinforce the goals of the textbook and set a framework for study.
- Coloring activities help you study and remember the details of anatomy.
- Each chapter includes three parts:
- Mastering the Basics with matching, ordering, labeling, diagram reading, and coloring exercises
- Putting It All Together including multiple-choice quizzes and case studies\
- Challenge Yourself! with critical thinking questions and puzzles
- UPDATED content matches the new and revised material in the 6th edition of The Human Body in Health and Illness textbook.